- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall, on a monthly basis, furnish the Department with the details setting out the name, nationality, passport number and visa period of the persons to whom visashave been issued under claus(a) and (b) of sub rule (1).
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall, on a monthly basis, furnish the Department with the details of revenue collected while issuing visas by the mission under the clausother than claus(a) and (b) of sub rule (1)
- If the recommendation for visa has been made from the concerned agency, the Visa Issuing Officer shall have to decide visa generally within seven days from the date of registration of such recommendation.
B. Power to refuse to issue visa or to grant permission to enter into Nepal:
Notwithstanding anything contained elsewhere in these Rules, the Immigration Officer may, at the every entry point, refuse to issue a visa to, or to grant permission to enter into Nepal , to the following foreigners:
- Whose passports and visas have been found doubtful,
- Who have been expelled for the commission of any acts contrary to the Act or these Rules, or who have been prohibited from entering into Nepal.
- Who have already expended the period of stay according to this regulation.
- The traveling documents of the foreigner willing to enter, seems doubtful
C. Power to prohibit the departure from Nepal:
The Department or Immigration Office may prohibit the following individuals from departing from Nepal:
- Who have not valid passport and visas to enter into the country which they have intended to enter into,
- About whom information, with the reason therefor, has been received from any authorized official for the prohibition of the departure from Nepal.
D. Points of entry or exit:
The point of entry and exit for the purpose of the foreigner entering into or departing from Nepal by obtaining a visa shall be as follows:
1. Immigration Office, Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
2. Immigration Office, Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
3. Immigration Office, Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
4. Immigration Office, Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
5. Immigration Office, Belahia, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
6. Immigration Office, Jamunaha, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
7. Immigration Office, Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
8. Immigration Office, Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
E. Arrival and Departure form to be filled up:
Every foreigner entering into or departing from Nepal has to fill-up Arrival and Departure form and submit such form to the immigration office.
F. Certification of arrival and departure:
Every person entering into or departing from Nepal shall get his entry and departure certified at his entry or departure point. In the case of the person who has not got so registered his arrival or eparture, if he submits an application, along with the reason therefore, the department may, if it deems reasonable after investigation thereabout, certify the arrival or departure.
G.Documents to be produced:
In caswhere the officials of the Department or the Officthere under and the authorized Officers of the District Administration Office in such placwhere such personnel are not available, the police oficials and border administration officials require any foreigner to show his passport, visa, trekking permit and documents relating thereto, such foreigner has to show such documents immediately.
H. Notice of change in address:
- If a foreigner except in tourist visa, permitted to stay in Nepal more than six months, makchange in his Nepal based residential address mentioned in the application submitted for the issuance of visa or the extension of the term of visa, such foreigner hall compulsorily furnish the Department, Office or local police office ith a notice containing his name, passport number and new address as well, within seven days.
- If a foreigner has stayed in Nepal for more than 120 ays goto any other place of Nepal for spending more than 24 hours, he as to register with the local Police Office of such place his presence along with the detail showing his name, passport number and address as well.
I. Restriction to work:
- A foreigner having obtained a visa as a tourist or his family member pursuant to these Rulshall not be allowed to work, with or without receiving remuneration, in any industry, business,
enterprise or organization during his stay in Nepal.
- A foreigner having obtained a visa pursuant to these Rulshall not be allowed to carry out any work other than that for which purpose he has obtained the visa.
J. Recommendation for and issuance of visa provisionally:
- In caswhere it taktime to make recommendation for the study, non-tourist and business visa, the concerned Ministry may, upon assigning the said reason, make recommendation for the provisional study, non-tourist and business visa for a period not exceeding three months.
- In caswhere it take time for the foreigner referred to in sub-rule (1) (h) of Rule 8 to submit the marriage registration certificate, the Department may, on the basis of the recommendation of the authority or the embassy of the concerned country, issue the non-tourist visa for a period not exceeding three months.
K. Issuance of travel permit:
The Department may issue the travel permits to those foreigners who are not able to obtain new passports due to the loss, deface or expiry of the term thereof or due to any other reasons, in order to enable them to depart outside from Nepal. Provided, however, that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall issue such permit in the case of the person holding diplomatic and official passport.
L. Transfer of visa:
In case where any foreigner has obtained the travel permit or a new passport due to the loss or expiry of the term of old passport, the Ministry of Foreign affairs for diplomatic and official visa or the department for other visa may transfer the visa to the travel permit or to the passport.
M. Application for extension of the term of visa:
An application has to be submitted in the format as referred to in Appendix 8 for the extension of the term of a visa except a diplomatic and official visa.
N. Circumstancin which a visa may be cancelled:
The Department may cancel a visa of any foreigner in the following circumstances:
- If he fails to produce an international health certificate as and when required to do so.
- If he becominsane or gomad.
- If he is found to have absconded after committing any serious criminal offence.
- If he is found to be suffering from any contagious or communicable disease.
- If his presence seems to cause detrimental effect in peace and security of Nepal or in the mutual fraternity of the people of Nepal.
- If his conduct is found to be suspicious or if he carries out, or causto be carried out, any undesirable activities.
- If his presence seems to result in adverse impact on the social and culture environment in Nepal.
- If he violates, or causto violate, the Act, these Ruland other prevailing law.
- If he carriout any other acts or things not in consonance with the purpose for which the visa has been issued or the purpose of visa ends before the provided visa period.
- To cancel his last visa, if he receivrecommendation to provide another category of visa from the concerned institutions.
In the case of cancellation of a visa pursuant to sub-rule (1), the fepaid therefore shall not be refundable.
O. Visa Fees:
The visa feor other feto be charged for the issuance of a visa for the entry into or presence in Nepal, for the extension of the visa or the regulation of the visa of the foreigner who has over-stayed or the issuance of the travel permit or the transference of the visa shall be prescribed in Appendix -9.
Provided, however, that the children below the age of ten years shall be exempted from visa fees.
The visa fechargeable for the citizens of the countriwhich charge fee higher or lower than the feprescribed under sub-rule (1) shall be based on reciprocity.
Fees to be levied while issuing tourist visa by the Mission or entry point:
- US Dollars 25 or other convertible foreign currency equivalent thereto for 15 days multiple entry visa.
- US Dollars 40 or other convertible foreign currency equivalent thereto for 30 days multiple entry visa.
- US Dollars 100 or other convertible foreign currency equivalent thereto for 90 days multiple entry visa.
- Notwithstanding anything written in clause (a) and (b), no visa fee shall be applicable to the passport holder of member statof the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
for 30 days.
Feto be levied for renewal or regularization of tourist visa
- Nepalese currency equivalent to 2 US dollars per day to renew the validity of tourist visa.
- In case where request has also been made for the facility of multiple entry, just valid for the renewal period an additional amount in Nepalese currency equivalent to U. S. Dollars 20 to
the fee as referred to in Clause (a).
- In regularizing visa of any foreigner stayed without renewal of validity of the tourist visa, Nepalese currency equivalent 3 US dollars per day shall be levied in addition to the normal amount to be paid for renewal of the validity of visa as per these Regulations.
- Foreigners, who have already been overstayed more than 150 days without renewing the tourist visa shall be levied the fees referred in clause 2(c) and penalty amount as referred to in section 10(4) of Immigration act in addition.
- Not withstanding anything written in clause 2(a), the period of visa fee shall be levied, for the purpose to renew tourist visa for up to15 days if the visa be of a period less than 15 days and as
referred to in clause 2(a) for more than this.
Fechargeable while issuing, or extending the validity of the study visa:
- If the study visa for 30 days has to be issued at the time of entry, 30 US$ or other convertible foreign currency equivalent thereto.
- In issuing or extending the study visa to the student studying in Degree program and to their dependants, Nepalese currency equivalent to 20 US$ per month, to the student studying in Non-Degree program and to their dependants, Nepalese currency equivalent to 50 US$ per month.
- For the student from Bangladesh and to their dependants Nepalese currency equivalent to US$ 15 per year with multiple facility, on the basis of reciprocity.
- For the students from Maldivand to their dependants Nepalese currency equivalent to US$ 25 per year on the basis of reciprocity.
- For the students from Bhutan and to their dependants Nepalese currency equivalent to US$ 10 per month.
- Notwithstanding anything written in clause 3(b), for the students from Sri Lanka and Pakistan should provide study visa without any fee on the basis of reciprocity. But the dependants of these students shall be levied Nepalese currency equivalent to US$ 10 per month as visa fee.
- For the dependants of foreigners, who are permitted to get study visa without fee in Nepal within the teachers exchange program with Nepal based Universitiand foreign Universitishall be levied Nepalese currency equivalent to US $ 10 per month.
- Foreigners to come to teaching and to do research and to their dependants shall be levied Nepalese currency equivalent to US$ 40 per month.
Fechargeable while issuing, or extending the validity of, the non-tourist visa:
- If the non-tourist visa of 30 days has to be issued at the time of entry, 30 American Dollars or convertible foreign currency equivalent thereto.
- Nepalese currency equivalent to five (5) American Dollars per month for the foreigner of Nepalese origin and the foreign passport holding child of Nepalese father or mother.
- Nepalese currency equivalent to ten (10) American Dollars per month for licensed journalists.
- Nepalese currency equivalent to twenty (20) American Dollars per month for the foreigners who serve in an office or project of Nepal Government being directly involved in such office or project.
- In issuing the non-tourist visa to a foreigner who gets married with a Nepalese citizen, Nepalese currency equivalent to ten (10) American Dollars per month.
- Nepalese currency equivalent to fifteen (15) US Dollars per month for the father, mother,brother and sister of the foreigner who get marital relation with Nepalese citizen or other foreigner who come to meet their relatives.
- Nepalese currency equivalent to twenty (20) US Dollars per month for the Chinese citizen residing in Nepal since before 1989 A.D. or serving under a bid contract with Nepal government or fully owned
institutions of Nepal government.
- Nepalese currency equivalent to Thirty (30) US Dollars per months for the foreigners and their dependents,who are working in Non-government organization directly funded by donor country under the
agreement between donor country and Nepal government.
- Nepalese currency equivalent to sixty (60) American Dollars per month for all other foreigners,
Fee to be paid for issuing or renewal of Business visa.
- Nepalese currency equivalent to ten (10) US Dollars per month, hundred (100) US Dollars annually and three hundred (300) US Dollars for 5 years for multiple entry business visa for the foreigner and their dependents or authorized agent who is investing individually more than ten million Nepalese rupees.
- Nepalese currency equivalent to thirty (30) US Dollars per month, three hundred (300) US Dollars annually and one thousand (1000) US Dollars for 5 years multiple entry business visa for the foreigner and their dependents or authorized agent who is investing individually ten million Nepalese rupeor less than that.
- Same amount shall be levied for the foreigner who export goods manufactured in Nepal through purchase or who place a purchase order for export as written in clause (a)
- Notwithstanding anything written in clause (a) and (b), no fee shall be levied for the foreigner and their dependent or authorized agent who is investing individually hundred million Nepalese rupeand more than that.
- Same amount shall be levied for the foreigner expert and their dependents who comfor the purpose of technology transfer as written in clause (b).
Fechargeable while issuing the Transit visa:
Five American Dollars or convertible foreign currency equivalent thereto.
Fee to be paid for Non-Resident Nepalese Visa:
US $100 (one hundred) or convertible foreign currency for one year, but 25% (percent) of above fee shall be charged for the students.
Fee to be paid for issuing or renewal Residential visa with multiple entry facility:
For the first time, Nepalese currency equivalent to 200 US dollars annually and in getting renewal Nepalese currency equivalent to US dollars 100 annually, provided that for foreigner as referred to clause (e) of sub-rule (1) of Rule 11, for the first time, Nepalese currency equivalent to US dollars 700 and in getting renewal Nepalese currency equivalent to US dollars 1200 annually shall be levied.
While regularizing the visas of those foreigners who have stayed without getting the validity of business, study and non-tourist visas extended:
- In the case of those who have stayed without getting the validity of business, study and non-tourist visas extended upon getting recommendation from the concerned institutions for the same visa category, an additional fee at the rate of 100% of the fechargeable pursuant to these Rulfor the visas on which they have stayed for the period.
- Same amount shall be levied for the foreigner as per written in clause (2c) and clause (2d) who cannot succeed to receive recommendation from the concerned institutions.
If single entry and multiple entry facility has to be obtained in other visa except the tourist and business visa:
Nepalese currency equivalent to 20 and 60 American Dollars respectively.
- If the tourist visa or other visa has to be issued to the foreigner who enters without obtaining the visa from the entry point, Nepalese currency equivalent to the fechargeable pursuant to these Rulplus an additional 50 percent fethere of.
- Nepalese currency equivalent to 30 American Dollars in issuing the travel document.
- Nepalese currency equivalent to two American Dollar in certifying arrival or departure or transferring visa.
Computation of visa fees:
The feshall be computed, in computing the period for purposof the feof the visas other than the tourist visa, so that visa feshall be charged for up to 15 days if the visa be of a period less than 15 days and for one month if the visa be of a period more than 15 days but less than one month.
P. Provision relating to facility of single entry, multiple entries:
- While issuing visas under these Rules, the facility of single-entry and multiple entrimay also be granted.
- The facility granted under sub-rule (1) shall remain valid only until the entrance validity period of the visa, in the case of the visa issued by the mission, and until the validity period of the visa in the case of the visa issued by the Office or Department.Provided, however, the total period of stay of the foreigner having obtained such facility shall not, except in case of having obtained other facility or got the term extended, exceed the period of stay in Nepal mentioned at the time of issuance of the facility.