Visa Application Hours: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Visa Pick-up Hours: 14:00 p.m. – 16:00 p.m
It takes 2 business days to issue visa after the application is received at the Embassy.
Click here for Online Visa Application
Tourist visa requirement
Please note the following and file an application accordingly for tourist visa to visit Nepal.
- Bring or send your valid passport with a duly filled out visa application form affixing a passport size photo on it. Passport should remain valid at least for six months from the date of entry into Nepal.
- Visa fee should send in cash with your passport and visa application form. Please note: we don’t accept any cheque and money order.
- Send a self-addressed strong envelope with sufficient postage to return passport. Regular has no tracking number to inquire the delivery status. We advise applicants to send prepaid envelope of X-Pack or any kind of express mail to return passport. We take no responsibility of any undelivered passport because of the insufficient postage, a weak envelope to bear up the load, etc.
If you are applying for the first time in the current year, the following fee will be charged:
- 4000 Yen for 15 days multiple entry
- 6000 Yen for 30 days multiple entry
- 15000 Yen for 90 days multiple entries
Visa once issued cannot be withdrawn, visa fee cannot be refunded after visa is issued, and it must be used within six months from the date of issue.
The Nepalese Honorary Consul General in Osaka also issues tourist visas
Honorary Consul General of Nepal Osaka
Fusion+ Bldg. 8F 6-9-21 Uehonmachi, Tennoji-ku,
Osaka-shi, Osaka 543-0001
TEL : 06-6776-0120 ; FAX : 06-6779-3325
Office hour: Monday to Friday 10:00am to 12:00pm. (visa application & pick up.)
( We are closed on Sat., San., National holidays and 9th September )
Tourists carrying more than 2,000.00 US dollar or equivalent foreign currency are requested to declare in the Custom Declaration Form at the time of arrival in Nepal. Those returning from Nepal with undeclared money exceeding US $ 2,000.00 or equivalent foreign currency may be interrogated for further legal actions in accordance with Foreign Exchange Regulation Act of Nepal.
To grant or not to grant visa is the right of Nepal Government:
- All powers to grant or not to grant visa to any foreigner shall be vested in Nepal Government.
- Nepal Government May allow to enter into Nepal to the citizen of any friendly country with out visa on the basis of reciprocity.
- Except in cases where a special order has been issued by Nepal government the diplomatic visa shall be issued to a person holding a diplomatic passport issued from any country and recommended from the concerned foreign diplomatic mission for the diplomatic visa, to a person considered fit to be granted diplomatic privileges by Nepal Government and the family members of such person holding the diplomatic passport.
- The diplomatic visa shall be issued on the basis of reciprocity; the term thereof may be extended at a time or from time to time for the term of the assignment in Nepal.
- Administrative, technical and non diplomatic officials serving in a residential or non residential diplomatic mission, Consulate for Nepal and incumbent Nepalese honorary Consul Generals, Consuls and their family who visit Nepal from a foreign country,
- Consultant experts who stay in Nepal under an agreement with Nepal Government,
- Employees serving in the Nepal based offices of the United Nations or its agencies and the persons holding the laissez passez granted by the United Nations,
- Employees serving in the international institutions or regional organizations located in Nepal.
- Persons to come to participate in assembly, conference, training or meeting organized by Nepal Government or Nepal Government’s undertaking agency or United Nations Organizations or Regional Organization or other agencies there under.
- The foreign tourist visiting Nepal shall be granted the tourist visa.
- The tourist visa shall be granted for a period in maximum of 150 days in a visa year (Visa years means January to December).
- A tourist who has departed before the expiry of the period specified in the visa issued in a visa year shall not be allowed to use the visa by adding the remaining period to another visa year.
- If any foreigner who has entered into Nepal towards the end of a visa year desires to spend even the period during which he may stay in Nepal with the tourist visa of the other visa year, he may use such facility. Provided, however, that the computation of the fees for such period shall be made on the basis of the total period of his stay.
- Foreigners involved in the social and economic development works approved by Nepal Government, under the expenses to be borne by governmental institutions of the foreign friendly nations;
- Foreigners having obtained recommendation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to work in the institutions run by the foreign missions located in Nepal,
- Foreign representatives having obtained recommendation from the Ministry of Information and Communications to work in foreign newspapers and newsagencies,
- Foreigners having obtained recommendation from the concerned Ministry to act as helpers of the foreigners having obtained diplomatic or official visas,
- Foreigners having obtained approval from Nepal Government to work on remuneration basis in any firm, company, association, industry or enterprise within Nepal,
- Foreigners having obtained recommendation from the Ministry concerned to work in any international airlines organization located in Nepal,
- Foreign importer visiting Nepal from third country on the recommendation of foreign governmental agency or Federation of Industries and commerce or Chamber of Commerce of Foreign Country,
- Foreigners who have marital relation with the citizens of Nepal and furnish the marriage registration certificate.
- Foreigner of Nepalese origin or such children of a Nepalese father or mother, who have come Nepal to visit their relatives or Father, Mother, Brother or sister of the foreigner married with Nepalese citizen having recommendation letter of relationship from the concern embassy, who have come to Nepal to visit her/him.
- Foreigners who come to Nepal to work, on the recommendation of the concerned Ministry pursuant to an agreement or understanding agreed upon at governmental or non governmental level.
- Foreigners having obtained recommendation of the concerned Ministry to conduct feasibility study of an industry or enterprise for a period not exceeding 6 months. But the foreigner, according to this part, must submit the document of the source of investment, qualification of investor and details of experience along with the visa application form.
- Group leader of the foreigners making application, accompanied by the recommendation of the Ministry of concerned, for making the tourists’ tour in group in Nepal,
- Foreigners who have obtained recommendation of the concerned Ministry and who have to come to work in Non-governmental organization as per the agreement concluded with Social Welfare Council or concerned Ministry.
- Such foreigners as may be thought fit by Nepal Government.
The study visa shall be granted to the foreigners and their family who, having obtained the approval of Nepal Government, come to study, teach or conduct research in any educational institute in Nepal.
- 1. Except for the foreigners who visit Nepal under the award of scholarship by Nepal Government or the accepted program of Nepal Government or Students and researcher under the agreement within the two universities or students from SAARC member states or students studying up to secondary level the foreigners intending to study and conduct research at their own will shall be granted the study visa only on the basis of the authentic source, in the case of the foreigner, to make expenses of at least three thousand American Dollars, grossly or on a monthly installment basis, per annum during their stay in Nepal, and in the case of their family, that of at least two thousand American Dollars per annum, or on the basis of the submission of a certificate of the exchange of foreign currency equivalent thereto or bank statement equivalent thereto.
- 2. The study visa shall be granted for one year at a time. In cases the visa has to be granted for a period in excess thereof, the term of the visa may be extended by taking into consideration of the study and research progress report of such person, his activities as well as other necessary matters. Provided, however, that in the case of a researcher or student, such extension of the term shall be only for up to the Period of research or that of educational degree under study.
- 2a.Not withstanding anything written in clause (2), study visa may be granted to the student studying with technical subject, for total educational tenure of study.
- 3. The recommendation of the Ministry of concerned has to be submitted for the study visa.
- a. Foreigners having obtained license to make investment in any business or industrial enterprise within Nepal or authorised representatives of such business or industrial enterprise.
- b. Foreigners having obtained license to invest to carry on export trade from Nepal.
- c. Foreigners visiting Nepal from third country who export goods manufactured in Nepal through purchase or who place a purchase order for export.
2. Except as otherwise provided for in these Rules, the business visa shall be issued for a period not exceeding five years at a time; and its term may be extended as per necessity.
2a. Notwithstanding anything contained in sub rule (2), a multiple business visa of five years shall be issued for 90 days at one time for the foreigners pursuant to clause (c) subrule for stay in Nepal.
- a. Persons with international reputation,
- b. Persons capable of rendering outstanding contribution to the economic, social and cultural growth of Nepal ,
- c. Person, who has invested minimum one hundred thousand US dollars or convertible foreign currency equivalent thereto in industrial enterprise of Nepal at once.
- d. Any foreigner intending to spend life in Nepal without carrying on any business.
2. The mission recommending for residential visa to the foreigner as mentioned in other clauses save the foreigner as mentioned in clause (d) of sub-rule (1) shall send the recommendation along with the application filled up by such foreigner to the Department through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
3. Any foreigner intending to obtain the residential visa under clause (e) of sub rule (1) has to submit a certified document of the source of income of 20 thousand American Dollars or convertible foreign currency to be spent in Nepal and any foreigner intending to renew has to submit a certificate showing that he will spend or has spent in Nepal at least the same amount at one time or at several times per year.
Non-Residential Nepalese Visa:
If any foreigner of Nepalese origin residing in foreign country wish to reside or conduct business, profession or Study, teach in any subject in Nepal, non-residential Nepalese visa may be issued to him and of his family.
Foreigners, who have entered In Nepal to stay for a night in Nepal and willing to use Nepal’s Air port to visit another country with plane ticket or Foreigners, traveling in the accidentally force landed plane for any circumstances shall be issued transit visa for one day.